SOCIAL HACKATHON UMBRIA 2021
Join one of the eight teams that will be involved in the implementation of digital co-creation projects for sustainable development! Find out the details of the #zero challenges on the homepage and candidate by making available your digital skills or your experience in the framework of the four Goals of the Agenda 2030 selected for the event.
During the 48 hours of Hackathon, teams will be able to create a pitch, a prototype or a product to present in front of an international jury for the award of individual prices (Smart Gardens of 100€ value) and special prizes to enter business accelerating programmes.
FILL OUT THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM BEFORE WEDNESDAY 30 JUNE (EXTENDED DEADLINE)!
FROM SOCIAL HACKADEMY TO SOCIAL HACKATHON
The digital training programme of the “Foligno Social Hackademy Lab” has been developed within the framework of the Erasmus+ project “Social Hackademy – #hackAD” (www.socialhackademy.eu) in collaboration with other digital competence centres from Croatia, France and Greece, as well as two EU NGOs for the promotion of digital skill – ALL DIGITAL – and the valorization of public libraries – PL2030. The Social Hackademy Lab has selected and involved over 100 young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in the participation at a capacity building programme for the development of their digital and transversal competences. The courses offered by the Lab are:
– WEB DESIGN (40 hours)
– VISUAL AND GRAPHIC DESIGN (20 hours)
– NATIVE MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT (40 hours)
– SOCIAL MEDIA FOR EVENTS (30 ore)
– SOCIAL VR (30 ore)
– DIGITAL FABULA (30 ore)
Differently from the majority of the hackathons, which are usually addressed to IT experts and base their marketing strategy on the availability of cash prizes or the access to business acceleration programmes, a Social Hackathon is characterized by the protagonism and collaboration of people who have a low level of digital skills and take part at the hackathon with different roles, but all with the expectation of learning new skills while having fun and contributing to the development of a digital solution at social impact.
The Social Hackademy project has elected the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN Agenda 2030 as the main framework for the identification of relevant social challenges to be addressed at local level with the active engagement of Civil Society Organizations. These goals represent universal, transformational, and inclusive tendencies that describe major development challenges for humanity. These SDGs aim to secure a sustainable, peaceful, prosperous, and equitable life on Earth for everyone now and in the future.
|Thursday 1 July|
|18:00 – Presentation of the final projects to be developed in #SHU2021 and teams composition |
20:00 – Official start of Social Hackathon Umbria 2021
|Friday 2 July|
|15:00/17:00 – Excursion to discover the Colfiorito plateau and marshland|
|Saturday 3 July|
|15:00/17:00 – Open doors for the public to see and evaluate the works done by the hackers’ teams who are competing for #SHU2021|
20:00 – Deadline to submit the final projects
22:00 – Mystery social event (Open to the public, more information on our Facebook page)
|Sunday 4 July|
|9:30/13:30 – Presentation, evaluation and award of the eight projects developed during the Social Hackathon Umbria 2021|
WHAT DOES THE #2021 PROGRAMME OFFER?
– The chance to work with young hackers who have participated in one of the training courses offered by the Social Hackademy Lab and are eager to put their skills to use in innovative ideas for sustainable development.
– Fully covered participation for two representatives of the CSO in three days long Social Hackathon for the co-development of digital solutions to societal challenges.
– Attendance certificates and release of an open-source digital solution that will empower the operational and strategic potential of the participating organizations.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The call is open to local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) including NGOs, non-profit associations, and any other type of public and private organisation (including informal groups of young people under 35 years of age) that works for or supports the third sector and the society in general.
Applicants can propose any sort of digital solution that is relevant to their internal and/or external needs and that respects the following selection criteria:
– social relevance: is the digital project relevant to at least one of the challenges proposed by the Social Hackathon Umbria?
– local community impact: will the digital solution have an impact on the CSO development and/or on the quality of services provided to disadvantaged target groups?
– Social Hackademy adequacy: is the project idea in line with the skills and knowledge acquired during the #hackAD training? Is it possible to develop it during the 48 hours of Hackathon?
– Active participation and teamwork
– Use of your own hardware and software
– Food and accomodation offered by the organizing body
– Develpoment of orginal material and contents
– Release of the final digital product licensed under Creative Commons Attribution – Non-commercial 3.0 Italy (CC BY-NC 3.0 IT)
– Respect for the premises made available and the rules indicated by the organizing body
NExT Special Award……for the project that demonstrates the highest impact in terms of positive spin-offs on society and/or the environment in which it will operate!
The selected team will have the opportunity to:
– be presented within a special section of the National Festival of Civil Economy 2022;
– activate an accompanying path through NExT;
– test their project with the NExT network;
– have access to calls for proposals made available by Invitalia.
DigiEduHack Special Award…….for the winning team of the #zeroignorance challenge!
The selected team will have the opportunity to:
– to become one of the official hosts of DigiEduHack 2021, the third edition of the Hackathon promoted by the European Commission for digital innovation in education;
– propose your solution as the main challenge of the DigiEduHack and collect ideas and projects that can make it even stronger and more impactful;
– take advantage of the support of the DigiEduHack central team for the organisation of the event.